In other languages
Mammography saves lifes!
One in nine women in Sweden develops breast cancer, making it the most common form of cancer among women. Scientific studies have shown that mortality in breast cancer can be reduced by 20-40% through early detection using mammography. Early detection can also mean the treatment is gentler and more effective. A mammogram screening is an X-ray examination of the breasts.
Thanks to the special X-ray technology, which provides detailed images, tumours can be detected before they cause any symptoms or can even be felt in the breast. Unilabs performs mammogram screening as a preventive measure.
Did you know?
- Mammography is free of charge
- All women in Sweden between the ages of 40 and 74 are invited for mammography screening every 18-24 months
- There is no bar on receiving mammography screening while you are pregnant
- It’s no problem to have mammography scans
- if you have breast implants
We see what you don’t feel
Average size of tumours/changes that can be found;
- when you examine your breasts yourself.
- when a doctor examines your breasts.
- when you come for your first mammogram.
- when you go for regular mammograms.
* Based on statistics from NKBC (Swedish National Quality Registry for Breast Cancer) 2021.
Information in other languages